Kilmore, Short term.

Thursday 30th December 2010, Kilmore.

Well, here we are back on the road again, albeit only a short trip for a short while. The caravan park we were in at Craigieburn has this strange new rule that we could only stay there for a maximum of 50 days, and they are now up. If we choose to resume accommodation at Craigieburn we must have moved out and been away for at least a week, so we are now at Kilmore for a week before we choose to return. We had thought of staying here for the duration of our stay in the Melbourne area but the prices have increased a lot since our last visit so it would be more economical to return to Melbourne.

Today’s move didn’t go without its hitches though, as Linda developed a tummy bug last night that ultimately cancelled her planned shopping trip with son Adrian, who is over visiting, and had to help me move under sufferance, I had planned to do it on my own in her shopping absence. If we had been elsewhere under different circumstances we would have just stayed for another day or two, but this time it was a must move situation so there was no option but to move and suffer, it is done now so it is just settle in here for the next week.


Thursday 23rd December 2010.

This would have to be the longest I have ever gone without telling anything, but I do have a story to tell.

Linda and I have been saying for a while now that we should establish ourselves with a GP surgery in the Melbourne area and I have had a reason to see a doctor, so it was time to take the appropriate steps. I have had a minor problem with one of my eyes with conjunctivitis over the past week and have had to seek medical advise. As I have had conjunctivitis several times in the past I just went to a chemist at Craigieburn to get some drops, as we have done in the past, and they wouldn’t give me anything saying I should go to a doctor first. There is a surgery next door to the chemist so I went in to see if I could see anybody, thinking that this could be as good as any surgery, but have since decided it would definitely not be the choice. The doctor didn’t have a very good look at my eye, and just gave me a script for the drops and said goodbye. He also said I would have to make a trip to a hospital to have them check it out as they have the magnifying gear to see if anything is in the eye. I did go to the local hospital and their response was, “If you want to sit and wait for about 7 hours to see one of our doctors he will probably only tell you that seeing you already have drops go home and use them