Caboolture, March 2017, Week 5A.

We have had some visitors over the weekend, being Lou, daughter Tilly, and work colleague Carlson. The came up from Melbourne on Friday and went back home on Monday, just in time to miss the after effects of cyclone Debbie. They were initially here for work meetings and Lou attended one on Friday, and both her and Carlson attending one on Monday, so they saw this as an opportunity to visit us while here. Carlson, being from the Philippines, was a little worried about the cyclone coming until we reassured him that it was a long way up the coast.

Caboolture, March 2017, Week 5.

Thursday 30th March 2017, Caboolture.
We have had some visitors over the weekend, being Lou, daughter Tilly, and work colleague Carlson. The came up from Melbourne on Friday and went back home on Monday, just in time to miss the after effects of cyclone Debbie. They were initially here for work meetings and Lou attended one on Friday, and both her and Carlson attending one on Monday, so they saw this as an opportunity to visit us while here. Carlson, being from the Philippines, was a little worried about the cyclone coming until we reassured him that it was a long way up the coast.
Cyclone Debbie: It hit Bowen, and district, a couple of days ago and caused massive damage in that region, and then settled down a little and travelled down the coast, as they usually do, and we are at this moment experiencing the after effects from her with torrential rain and flooding. We have not been in this area long and have not experienced any flooding, but I do believe that flooding should not directly affect us, unless it gets just a little higher and comes into the garage, which I don’t think will happen. I would have normally gone to the Men Shed today but was not venturing out in this weather, and have rang and informed them that the chore I normally undertake could be done on another day, and I would be prepared to come in on another do to do it, of which they agreed.
We were also going away next week on a caravan trip to a park near Murgon, North of here, but have now changed our minds. Because of the cyclone, rain is forecast a fair bit over the next week, but Murgon would have been in the path of the aftermath, so it may be a bit wet and messy up there. We also have a couple of other things to do over the next couple of weeks so to save the hassles contributed to our decision. I have also been asked to take charge with the museums part of the organization with an upcoming Telstra Alumni event planned just after Easter, so I am not going to reduce any time I might need for that duty. Not that there is much work to do, but!