Caboolture 2019, August week two.

Monday 12th August 2019, Caboolture.

There has passed another eventful month. Major works at the Men’s Shed will see some our kitchen and toilets finally operational soon. The Museum has made a start to name changes and operational changes with the creation of Heritage Telecommunications Limited, a new company dedicated to preserving our artefacts. Then there were health issues seeing Linda being placed in hospital for four days.

I am getting myself deeper involved with the men’s shed with being given more chores, responsibilities, that keep me rather busy. One of the projects is the production of a newsletter once a month, and I have lately been given rave reviews about it even though the layout hasn’t changed over the year I have been doing it, but the content obviously keeps people informed about the projects that are happening at the shed. Click here for issue 14. It does keep me busy, but with Linda’s illness, more on that later, I have now learned that I do have other obligations other than the shed and museum that have a higher priority. I missed a day at the shed last week and felt like I was a worker taking one of those ‘sickies’, so that idea has to stop, I do not have to be at the shed.

The museum is the same, I seem to have gotten deeply involved with finances, being the Treasurer, with the changes that are happening, and I must also convince myself that it is alright to take a day off once in a while. The other small problem is that I do have take-home use of the museum vehicle at the moment, for various reasons, and it may not go too well if I take a ‘Sickie’ when they need the vehicle.

The story that perhaps should have been first; Linda has not been too well for a while now and Thursday last week I spat the dummy and took her to the hospital for treatment due to lack of anything happening with GP’s and such, and tried to insist that she needed their treatment. It seems I didn’t have to convince them because they admitted her immediately and kept her for four days. Without giving too much detail, it turns out the best thing we could have done because she had more problems than we thought. She is home again after respite and good treatment with at least answers we have been seeking for quite a while and puts us in a position of possibly helping her other health professionals with her treatment for other continuing ailments. Now that she is home and feeling a lot better, and obviously looking a lot better, than she was a week ago, hopefully we can now settle down to a bit easier life than we have had for the past few months, or as well as it can be with this new ailment.