Caboolture, May 2017, week 1 still.

Saturday 6th May 2017, Caboolture.

I am starting to think that we are destined not to go caravanning any more, with the events of recent. We had a trip planned a month or so ago and had to cancel due to the cyclone Queensland had, we figured the area we were going to could have suffered anyway. We then decided that we would have a trip to Bribie Island, as we have been wanting to go there for years and never have, in the caravan anyway. Every weekend since we have been thinking about it, has been a long weekend and the place is fully booked, so we decided to give it a miss again for now. We were convinced that we wanted to go somewhere, but the main thing to consider at the moment is that I am suffering from toe-nail problems again, and we can’t go far from the area, so we thought of going to Clontarf, a place we do enjoy. I rang last weekend to check availability, and no problems was the answer, consider at this stage I do not like making a booking as such and paying deposits as we have been caught too many times. We spent the last week preparing for our trip of about 50K and rang yesterday to make sure we could get in only to find that they are booked out. I found this strange as the park does not generally fill until June, so we have had to cancel, wait now until I find a solution to my toe problems, and then plan another trip, such as our original idea of Yeppoon.

Oh well: Back to the comfort of home for a while longer.