Tuesday 30th May 2017, Caboolture.
I have been making comments about troubles with the web site over the past couple of months, or so, and now they are all hopefully fixed. You would not believe the trouble I have been having trying to convince Telstra of the nature of the faults I was having, but I either did end up convincing them, or had a run of luck that ended up getting them fixed. I am not going to try to explain the nature of the faults, it is too complicated. I am a little fortunate that working, as I do, at the Telstra museum, I do have a method of lodging a complaint, or fault, in a method not available to most others, and it was this method in the end that provided the results I did get. This was except for the trouble I was having accessing my web site, Blog, via NBN, until I gave a tour through the museum on Wednesday to a couple of gents who worked for NBN, and being ex-Telstra workers. I had a chat with them about my problem and as of the following day the problem has simply gone away. I have not heard from these gents, but it must be too coincidental to be anything other than them finding the problem, especially after NBN had said it could not possibly be their problem.
In the end, with other problems, email and such, being fixed it now seems that I will be able to post some more reports here in the future, if I so desire.
We have now been making arrangements to go on a short van trip to Yeppoon near Rockhampton for a week or two, and when I get a couple of doctors visits out of the way we are off. We would be away right now if it hadn’t been for waiting two weeks to get the results of my regular check-up, so we are just biding time until we can hook up and go. The other problem we have had is one of my toes has been extremely bad the past few months, and it would not have been very nice travelling with that sort of pain.
We will soon be planning a trip to Melbourne in July, as it is the eldest grand-daughter’s 18th birthday, and we can’t miss that can we.
Saturday 6th May 2017, Caboolture.
I am starting to think that we are destined not to go caravanning any more, with the events of recent. We had a trip planned a month or so ago and had to cancel due to the cyclone Queensland had, we figured the area we were going to could have suffered anyway. We then decided that we would have a trip to Bribie Island, as we have been wanting to go there for years and never have, in the caravan anyway. Every weekend since we have been thinking about it, has been a long weekend and the place is fully booked, so we decided to give it a miss again for now. We were convinced that we wanted to go somewhere, but the main thing to consider at the moment is that I am suffering from toe-nail problems again, and we can’t go far from the area, so we thought of going to Clontarf, a place we do enjoy. I rang last weekend to check availability, and no problems was the answer, consider at this stage I do not like making a booking as such and paying deposits as we have been caught too many times. We spent the last week preparing for our trip of about 50K and rang yesterday to make sure we could get in only to find that they are booked out. I found this strange as the park does not generally fill until June, so we have had to cancel, wait now until I find a solution to my toe problems, and then plan another trip, such as our original idea of Yeppoon.
Oh well: Back to the comfort of home for a while longer.
Monday 1st May 2017, Caboolture.
It now seems that the web site has been repaired, so I can now resume publishing posts.
Not much to report this time, except for the fact that I installed a new printer at home the other day. Linda wanted access to a printer from her laptop in the back room to print her cards without moving to my office, room, so the new one is wi-fi, as most are today anyway. Thinking about all the printers I had installed over the years I considered this one would be a lot different in the install procedure, but, no worries the instructions will show me through. Not so easy. It is fortunate that I do have some knowledge of computers, because the setup of the printer did no quite go as I would have expected, and sure enough when it was installed on my computer it would not connect. Luckily it took me through a process to remedy this, and this is where my knowledge came in, as the process was not extremely straight forward. It seemed the instructions were for that series of printer, but the actual printer is a late model in the series and the instructions were not exactly fitting to that machine. I did quite easily manage to get my way through it and all worked well. This does bring me to the point again that: What would the average elderly person without the knowledge that I do have done in this situation, and where an older printer took only moments to install, the ease with the way computing makes it nowadays, it only took me a few hours to install this one. I really do wonder.