Tuesday 27th October 2009, Narrabri.
Oh the fickle weather of inland NSW: When we arrived on Friday the temperatures reached the high 30’s and has been there since, well until yesterday when we had a thunder storm, rain, temps in the high 10’s and the heater on in the caravan. It is forecast for showers nearly all week so I guess if it does we will just have to extend our stay, the awning must be dry when we put it away because from here on for a while we will likely only be staying for a couple of days so it won’t be coming out for a while. We haven’t had weather like this for such a long time so we will have to take the good with the bad, but it is a little hard finding things to do if it is raining and confined to the caravan. We did have a look around yesterday at a camp site 20K west of here, Yarrie Lake, on the basis we might stay there on our way through in future, but the main reasons for the camp sit being there Is at present non-existent, no water in the lake, so hence no bird life, but it will be worth checking when back in the area.