Geraldton

Tuesday 1st July 2008, Geraldton.

We got trapped trying to leave Jurien as we chose to stay another day because it looked like rain on packing up day, Saturday, and it didn’t. Sunday looked like a fine day so we chose to pack up for a move on Monday, would you believe half way through packing it started raining. None the less we did manage to get most of the packing done on Sunday, but the awning roof had to wait until Monday morning. The walls were a little damp when we packed them but they were only going to be in the bags over night.

We did finally move on to Geraldton, 200K further north, (see Map) and it seems to be a little warmer already. Our introduction to Geraldton wasn’t without its dramas though with a somewhat typical action from some caravan parks: We did our usual thing before moving to a city with a choice of parks and rang them for a quote as price is usually the final decision maker. We did make a choice and when booking in the price given was higher than the quote I had obtained and the answer was:- “Tomorrow is the start of our peak season